PyDev 9.3.0 is now available.
The main changes in this release are related to the debugger, with improvements such as:
- Major issue fixed issue where variable children sometimes wouldn't expand correctly.
- Fixed some case where automatic connection to subprocesses wouldn't work.
- Debugging with Pandas is much improved with the addition of some custom converters.
- Opt-in support to show paused greenlets by setting GEVENT_SHOW_PAUSED_GREENLETS=1.
- Support for newer versions of gevent.
- Information on user settings paths is cached to fix issue with slow debugging using pipenv project.
- A warning is shown if getting some attribute / getting its repr is slow.
- Interactively inspect matplotlib plots when the QtAgg backend is used.
- Support for PySide2.
- Better error messages in case Python 3.11 frozen modules are being used.
Also noteworthy is that this will be the last release supporting older versions of Python including Python 2.7 up to Python 3.5. Newer releases will only support Python 3.6 onwards.