Wednesday, February 08, 2012

PyDev forums -> StackOverflow

The PyDev forums at SourceForge are now officially deprecated :)

So, anyone having a doubt regarding PyDev should now ask at StackOverflow and add a 'PyDev' tag.

I think this will be a real improvement over the current status quo... Some reasons I see for that are:

1. Many PyDev users follow StackOverflow and do answer things there, whereas in the PyDev forum, many questions were asked, but I was almost the only one answering... (I think the real plus here are the 'gaming' features that StackOverflow has, so, more people are inclined to participate actively).

2. As people started asking there anyways, I really had to follow StackOverflow closely too, so, deprecating the PyDev forums means I'll be able to follow a single place again :)

3. Interacting with StackOverflow as a whole seem a nice improvement over the SourceForge forum (it's edition is nicer, accepts pictures, etc.)

And now on to something a bit unrelated... the PyDev homepage (http://pydev.org) is now being generated from a wiki (it's still a read-only wiki -- but hopefully that'll change soon -- but at least, I feel it'll be easier for me to edit things there and later have the homepage updated from it). So, if someone finds something strange in the homepage, please let me know :)

1 comment:

Piotr Dobrogost said...

Very wise decision