Hi... content assist is one of the things I use most when editing Java, and I really miss that when editing python, so, I started some days ago an implementation trying to do some stuff on this.
It is really far from complete... current status is:
When you Ctrl+1 on any line it tries to give some good hints on which code it can produce from the line:
- Assign to new local variable (tries to guess some combination or just assigns 'result')
- Assign to new field (tries to guess some combination or just assigns 'result')
- Create new method (in class) - when you're in a class and write something like self.foo(a,a) - it creates method def foo(a,b):pass
- when we're not within a class, it should not offer the assign to new field suggestion
- Create class (if we had a new class wizard, it could use it and import it here)
- Create new method (in module)
well, list goes on... later I'll add more to it...