Tuesday, April 30, 2013

PyDev crowdfunding basic funding reached!

The initial target of the crowdfunding for PyDev has been reached. Thank you everyone who helped in reaching that target!

Now, please don't stop sharing and helping it get to the higher proposal levels (having more there will enable more things to be done).

Also, I've had some people ask me privately on how things will proceed afterwards... well, with this funding, I'll be able to work in PyDev for the upcoming year, so, during that time I'll create a structure so that people that like it can keep supporting it so that it can move forward year after year.

Also, I hope LiClipse itself turns out to be successful, as the idea is that earnings in LiClipse will also help in getting PyDev going on -- if things turn out pretty well, I'll probably be able to get more people to help there too :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the good work, I was happy to support such a worthwhile effort.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good efforts on Pydev.
You are our only hope!

Anonymous said...

Any news on LiClipse? Don't you want early adopters?

dashesy

Fabio Zadrozny said...

I'm doing the last adjustments before publishing a release (I hope I'll release the first beta within 1-2 weeks).