The current nightly build (which will be 1.5.6) is already providing some special support for Django (special thanks to Leo Soto for providing a good base for building upon).
There are still some details until the final release, but I'd like to get some feedback before that.
The special support goes in the following:
1. Create a 'Pydev Django' project (will use django to create a manage.py, settings.py and urls.py)
2. For an existing project, just right click it and choose 'Pydev > Set as Django project)'
3. Custom Django actions can be accessed right clicking a project with the Django config and choosing Django > action.
4. Note that the Shell with django environment will create a shell properly configured with your settings, providing the default features from the pydev shell, such as code completion, history, context assistants (ctrl+1), etc (see: http://pydev.org/manual_adv_interactive_console.html for more details)
5. Run as Django/Debug as Django are available (note that they set the --no-reload by default, otherwise the debugger may have some issues and other processes may be kept alive when closing the process spawned by Pydev).
And that's it. It's all there in the nightly build already (I still have some features and minor adjustments to do, but that should already give a good idea of what will be available, and I'm waiting for feedback to know if there's something missing that really should be there).