Wow, just now I realized that I still haven't posted about it... which is a real shame! ;-)
Well, Pydev Extensions (http://www.fabioz.com/pydev/) is a commercial plugin dedicated to extending Pydev (and adding those 'power-features' that can make your life so much easier). It has many new features, and has a lot of development going on.
The most 'noteworthy' (and already very mature) features are:
* Code completion with auto-import: I don't know how I ever managed to write code without it!!
* A 'real time', embedded code-analysis. This one is pretty nice, as it also allows getting errors while you're writing.
* Quick fixes for the errors found... From these, I guess that the most noteworthy 'quick-fix' (activated with Ctrl+1) is the one that allows you to automatically make an import on some undefined token.
* A go to definition that is a replacement to the one provided by BRM (again, I don't know how I managed without it before...)
* A debug server (allows debugging programs not ran directly from pydev) and a debug console (so that you can inspect things easier when you hit a breakpoint).
Well, there are more features... you can find the complete set at: http://www.fabioz.com/pydev/manual_adv_features.html
Also, it has *almost* a full month of existance -- which is still being celebrated -- And has lots of users already!
You can grab it and use it for 30 days without a license, so, ENJOY!
p.s. This week we have 'carnival' here in Brazil, and I'll probably only be back on Tuesday... so, your e-mails and posts might take a little longer than usual to be answered.